If you are a blogger I am sure you have experienced this at times. The need to create fresh and interesting content on a daily basis can cause a lot of stress. Remember, blogging is supposed to be fun, if you are not having fun anymore stop doing it. Personally, I do not experience blogging stress. Sure, I do feel pressure to write and produce on a daily basis, but I have a system in place that works well for me. Here are some things I do to release blogging stress:
- Write about what I like– It is essential that you choose a topic that you are passionate about and will enjoy writing about. This way, it will not seem like a burden. I love blogging and social media, so it was natural for me to start this blog. My background is in recruiting, so my career blog was a natural fit for me as well.
- Schedule time– I schedule time to write every night and have designed a schedule that works well for me. The trick is to find at least an hour a day where you can collect your thoughts. My blogging time is at the end of the day after I put my kids down. I actually have found that writing and blogging is a way for me to reduce everyday stress in my life. Instead of producing stress, blogging reduces stress for me. I gave up drinking and all other recreational activities, so blogging has become my release.
- Socialize – To me there are two parts of blogging; creating the content, and promoting the content. If you are experiencing stress about creating content then switch gears and reach out to some of your blogging buddies. Jump on Twitter or get involved in a forum discussion. I have found when I do this it helps to further relax me and the blogging ideas usually start flowing.
- Take a break – We are all human, we are not blogging machines and it is very difficult and stressful to expect yourself to have a new post every single day. Take a day or two off. I usually take the weekend off just as a way to prevent burn out. I know many successful bloggers that blog every other day or even once or twice a week. Find a pattern that works for you and stick with it.
- Guest posting– There are many benefits of guest posting and one of the biggest is that you get to take a day off and still have fresh content for your blog. That is why I say that guest blogging is a win-win-win scenario. The guest blogger benefits, the blog owner benefits and the readers benefit as well.
I am very interested to hear how you guys deal with blogging stress?